Arkell’s home page – pub accommodation, food and drink in the south of England
  • Host:
  • Carley Wilson
  • Where:
  • 1 The Street
  • Moredon
  • Swindon
  • Wiltshire SN2 3ER
  • Telephone:
  • (01793) 534186
  • Facilities:
  • Architectural Interest
  • Car Park
  • Garden Or Patio
  • Children Welcome
  • Pub Food
  • Disabled Toilet
  • Map:
  • Click Here for a Map to The Boundary House, Swindon

The Boundary House, Swindon

 The Boundary House, Swindon - Click to enlarge  The Boundary House, Swindon - Click to enlarge  The Boundary House, Swindon - Click to enlarge  The Boundary House, Swindon - Click to enlarge  The Boundary House, Swindon - Click to enlarge  The Boundary House, Swindon - Click to enlarge

Click on the images for a larger version

Back to Pubs
Cask Marque

The Boundary House is one of Arkell's oldest pubs, and offers a traditional pub atmosphere that has proved popular for over a hundred years.

If you're looking for a pub to enjoy a well-kept pint with friends or family - or some healthy banter at the bar - then this is the place for you.

- Family Friendly
- Fresh filled rolls and bar snacks available
- Live music, quiz nights, bingo nights - please ring or see boards outside for more information

Built in 1877, The Boundary House has had the best of both worlds. It is - on the outside at least - one of those old-fashioned, solid, three-storey pubs, complete with smart upper storey gables and even tall, impressive chimneys.

If that wasn't grand enough, it was treated to a thorough refurbishment in 1990 which included the addition of a conservatory extension and an ironic change of name.

It once marked the boundary with the hamlet of Moredon, which had long since been absorbed as a suburb of Swindon when it was re-christened The Boundary House.

The first pub here was called The Red Lion and the premises also featured a brewery and a butcher's shop. Built some time before 1861, it was owned by the Slade family until 1877 when they sold it to Arkell's.

John Arkell immediately closed the brewing plant and built a new pub to the south of the original, converting the old building to three cottages, which still exist.